Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sugar and Spice

I am getting married one week from today.  Things are going smoothly, I have the dress, we have 2 caterers, the photographer, a huge tent for bad weather, and an officiant.  GOOD to GO! (knock on wood)
We are not having cake, we are having cupcakes.  I have been in a cupcake delirium for the last week, I have been surfing the web drooling over red velvets, strawberrys, caramel crunch, cheesecake surprizes!  Trial cupcake 6 is in the oven now.  I have found the perfect vanilla recipe and now I am onto chocolate.  Yes, I want to stick with the simple flavors of chocolate and vanilla.  I am a novice baker and as we will need to have 90ish cupcakes, I don't want  to have more steps then Mix, Bake, and Ice, Repeat.  There are 2  trial icings in the fridge I will be trying a chocolate ganache frosting this afternoon.    MY APARTMENT SMELLS AMAZING!  
3 days and 4 chocolate cupcake recipes later...
Yes the apartment still smells amazing, but he not been able to capture the amazingness in the flavor.  Currently there is trial 9 batter in the oven and trial 10 on the counter waiting in line for oven time.  Hopefully these are not the chocolate hockey pucks that resulted in trails 7 and 8.  Fingers are crossed, standing with icing at the ready, and am covered with chocolate freckles!

No comments: